BACKGROUND CHECK FORM (ONLINE SURVEY)
All volunteers for camp must complete an annual background check.
This club was formed in 1932 and was critical in the foundation of Green Bay's camping program. The Green Bay Y's Men's Club is a Service Organization of the Green Bay YMCA which directs it's efforts to help preserve and maintain the buildings and property of YMCA Camp U-Nah-Li-Ya and Day Camp Wabansi.
In doing so, the club desires to help ensure the availability of camping programs and experiences for the youth of the Greater Green Bay and NE Wisconsin Area. It is our goal and intent that our children's children have the opportunity to enjoy the many benefits of a YMCA Camping Experience.
The Y's Men's Club of Green Bay is a volunteer service organization which provides support to help the ongoing operations of the YMCA Camping programs.
This "volunteerism" takes on many forms including the donation of time, talent and resources. Club members provide leadership and skilled labor at club events, fundraisers, work weekends, the annual ski sale, and other designated activities.
All membership dues are $50 per year and additional voluntary donations will be collected to help offset the annual operational costs of the club. Any membership contributions raised beyond the clubs annual requirements will be placed in a specially designated reserve fund.
In an effort to maintain it's affiliation with the National Y's Men's Club Organization, the club will budget internal funds to provide national membership for the minimum number of members required to maintain status as an affiliated organization.
All other activities of the club including socials, holiday events will be funded through fees assessed for each event or budgeted funds. The clubs annual budget will provide the financial guidelines for each program year.
Unahliya Spring Work Weekend: April 27-29, 2018: Come for a great weekend of fun and service projects as we prepare for the upcoming summer season at camp. We'll have projects ranging from shed building to painting, from arts and crafts prep to cleaning windows. The Y's Men's club will hold several meetings outlining improvement projects. Food and overnight lodging provided. Contact camp for more information 715-276-7116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wabansi Spring Work Day: May 12th, 2018: Come for an awesome Saturday of work projects where we fully prepare YMCA Camp Wabansi to serve the hundreds of campers it will have in the summer. This is a great way to meet folks connected to camp as well as enjoy some time in Door County. Contact camp for more information 715-276-7116 or email@example.com.
Fall Work Weekend: October 12th - 14th: There's a lot to get ready for Winter! Same details as spring work weekend.
Total Program Schedule for 2018
• Work Weekend/Winter Social/Planning - 2/16-18
• Maple Syrup Wknd - 4/7 (Max and Bill Van Ess to coordinate)
• Planning Session for Uni Work Wknd 4/10
• Camp Hinterland - 4/12
• Uni Work Wknd - 4/27 to 4/29
• Wabansi Work Day - Saturday 5/12
• Father/Son Wknds - 5/18 to 5/20 and 6/1 to 6/3
• Y’s Men’s Golf Outing / Summer Social & Cookout - 7/31 (Shorewood Golf Course, 5pm)
• Y Golf Outing / GBCC - 7/16
• Initial Ski Sale Mtg - 8/23 (TBD)
• Formal 1st Ski Sale Mtg - 9/13 (TBD)
• Fall Uni Work Wknd Planning - 10/2 at the West Side YMCA, 6pm
• Father/Daughter Wknds - Weekends of 9/7, 9/14, 9/21 - Bring Your Daughter and Volunteer
• Women’s Wellness Wknd - 9/26 to 9/28
• Fall Uni Work Wknd - 10/12 - 10/14
• Mom/Child - 10/5 to 10/7
• Ski Sale - 11/3 & 11/4
• Christmas Party - 12/4 (not the 6th, its on the 4th) at Mackinaws