Welcome U-Nah-Li-Ya and Wabansi Family!
As the current circumstances are imposing big changes on our daily lives we hope to provide a safe and joyful escape for ALL kids and families who need it.
In an effort to serve, we have built this page of resources for you to use during time at home with the children and teens in your life. We hope you find some fun and positive inspiration here. Please contact us with any questions or concerns!
As always we are focused on our purpose and goals.
Purpose: To Improve the World Through Improving People
Goals: Environmental Awareness, Compassion, Leadership, and Resilience
Live Virtual Programs : Launching Monday 4/27/20
BRAND NEW! Intended to provide kids and teens with safe and supervised social connection time. Our trained camp staff will facilitate daily virtual activities using Zoom for kids/teens of all ages. These programs are 100% FREE and are intended for all - not restricted to U-Nah-Li-Ya or Wabansi Campers. Within these sessions kids/teens will be encouraged to practice gratitude, meet new friends, get creative, laugh, move and groove, reflect, play and more. While kids/teens attend sessions with staff, caregivers can enjoy some time to work, rest, tackle some to do list items, etc.
How it Works:
1. Register to participate for free. Only registered kids/teens can access session links/passwords. You ONLY have to register once to participate in any sessions. Once you're signed up you are all set, no need to register for daily sessions.
2. Review the Camp at Home - LIVE Program Guide as a family and email us with questions.
3. Use the provided link and password (provided via email daily at 2:00pm) to join desired sessions. Enjoy!
4. After attending one or more sessions complete this satisfaction survey to let us know what your camper(s) think about the virtual program or to make session requests, we will adjust sessions weekly to best serve participants.
5. Share your experience with friends, we aim to be a resource for ALL kids/teens who need us.
5. Donate if you are able, to help us continue to offer free Camp at Home programs for all.
At Home Self Led Activities:
Intended to provide creative and fun activity ideas inspired by camp. Most can be done as a family or individually and many encourage getting outside and connecting with nature. Click on an activity for a PDF guide that will walk you through how to complete the activity on your own, some have online resources and video links imbedded.
Previously Recorded Virtual Activities with Camp Staff:
Created by camp staff. Intended to provide easy to follow activites, great for visual learners. Most are easy for kids to watch and practice the activity on their own, providing a break for caregivers. Click on a previously recorded video to enjoy a performance, or follow along to complete an activity led by a camp staff.
Campfire Bedtime Stories with Camp Staff:
Intended to provide a relaxing story reading allowing caregivers to take a break and accomplish a task while kids watch, or an opportunity to sit back and listen along with the children in your lives.
Outside Resources We Think You'll Love:
A library of outside resources of a wide variety collected by camp and educational professionals. Many focus on providing kids with outdoor connection (virtually), some are academic, some are simply ideas for fun and creativity.